Thursday, June 29, 2017

Reading list

I'm compiling a reading list of French and French-related books. Full disclosure - at this stage in the game I'll be reading them in English, but hopefully, by the holidays I'll be reading them in French. I have read several French classics already, but I may revisit some once I switch over to reading in French. Only time can tell.

Here are the titles on my list so far:

  • The Stranger, Albert Camus
  • Down and Out in Paris and London, George Orwell
  • The Elegance of the Hedgehog, Muriel Barbery
  • The Red and the Black, Stendhal
  • The Paris Wife, Paula McLain
  • Swann's Way, Marcel Proust
  • Delta of Venus, Anaïs Nin
  • Shakespeare and Company, Sylvia Beach
  • Paris, France, Gertrude Stein
  • Cousin Bette, Balzac
  • A Year in Provence, Peter Mayle
  • Lunch in Paris, Elizabeth Bard
I'm adding to the list constantly, but let me know in the comments if there are any books either by French authors, set in France, or about France that you think I should add to my reading list.

Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment